Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So He Hates Non-Christians

Alabama, you are one of the worst states in the union, somewhere between South Carolina and Mississippi. We all know you are full of inbred, redneck, racist, homophobic asshats, but you really didn’t have to go out and elect the asshat. I am speaking about your new Governor, Gov. Bob Bentley of course.
''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."
I honestly don’t care what this guy says. I prefer him not consider me any part of his family. He can stand at the podium and scream about the Christian State of Alabama and how he hates everyone who isn’t a white Christian man. I actually appreciate this guy’s honesty. He has a conviction that all non-Christians are not part of his “family”. I am glad he had the balls to stand up and say it out loud.

Here is the catch: this guy is a douchebag. He loves feeling superior to everyone else and thinks that he is in good company, so why not say it? Well, let me tell you why. The reason that Alabama is a horrible state is because they keep electing bigots like this guy. This guy is just a representation of what the people of Alabama are like: old, white, and bigoted. I don’t think that Gov Bentley is to blame. That would be too easy. It is the people of Alabama who are to blame. They voted this guy in because he best represents the values of Alabamans.

To be fair to Gov Bentley, he did apologize… to a rabbi. I am shocked and surprised that he went that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment